The main objective of the assignment is to hire a Water Expert to provide specific sectoral expertise to the PIDA PAP 2 process taking place during the course 2020-2021.
This will be achieved through a combination of response to querries by emails and coaching to the regional PIDA PAP 2 project developers at the level of the RECs and their constituent Member States (MS), technical contribution in the implementation strategy and some on-going activities within the department.
The purpose of the TA to AU/ISM is “to enhance policy dialogue and support coordination and cooperation between the AU and the EU within a continent-wide infrastructure approach, by aligning programming strategies to create the regional infrastructure promoting continental interconnection with an adequate properly identified, selected and prioritized, project pipeline”.
The EU-funded TA to AU/ISM on behalf of the AUC Department of Infrastructure and Energy (AUC-DIE) is now requesting the services of a Water Sector Expert for the PIDA PAP 2 process who will contribute to the PIDA project preparation, selection and screening processes in support of the ISM-TA mandate and the development of the PIDA PAP 2 implementation strategy.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Participation in and contribution to the specific sectoral aspects of the PIDA PAP 2 by proving assistance to Member states and RECs to improve the quality of projects and alignment with PIDA PAP2 criteria.
- Effective participation in the PIDA PAP 2 project screening and selection processes by responding to specific request made by Task force members and partner Institutions
- Inputs on Water component of the PIDA Market and Demand Study
- Advise and Assist in the implementation of PIDA Mid-Term Review recommendations
- Identification of key sectorial activities from the STC Action plans and their implementation
- Contribution in the organisation of PIDA PAP 2 workshops and meetings: conceptualisation, active participation and reporting
- A draft final report on the assignment.
- A final report.
Scope of Tasks
Desk research, direct coaching through workshop training and video conferencing of the relevant regional and MS-level level PIDA- PAP 2 project development and preparation processes taking into account the key selection criteria being used in the PIDA PAP 2 process at the level of the RECs and the MS.
Terms of Reference
Annexes and Background Documents
- 4-Annex – PIDA Water NKE Kick-Off Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 5- Annex – Working Paper 4 about Harmonisation of Regional Sectoral Legislative and Regulatory Frameworks.pdf
- 6- Annex – About the African Continental Free Trade Area – TRWM_Contribution.pdf
- 7- Annex – Integrated and concerted management of water resources and their liaison with the Niger River.pdf